Join us on Saturday, Feb. 4 @ 2:00 PM for a cozy, close-to-home route that takes us up to beautiful Bechtold Park! This is one of the most gentle routes in our collection, with ZERO climbs over a 4% grade. How often do we get to say that for a ride that starts in the Ridge?!!
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE (25 riders max) after reading the event details.
(Note: Queen City Bike is in the process of changing to a new registration system and database. If you experience any aberrations during your registration, please let your ride organizer know so we can fix it!)
Route preview: RPS_029 - Sat Short - Bechtold Park
As an added bonus of Queen City Bike’s sponsorship of this event, you can navigate this route for free on the Ride with GPS app at any time—both during the event and after!
Departure Time: 2:00pm
- Please plan to arrive early so we can all leave in a punctual fashion
Distance: 11.4 miles
- Mid-level Beginners and above
- Predominantly flat to rolling
- Climbs: There are no major climbs on this route. The steepest uphill section is about a 3.4% grade.
- Descents: - There are no major descents on this route.
- ~95% of this ride will be on low-traffic streets
- The busiest area will be riding between Pleasant Ridge and Silverton on Montgomery Road. Except for ~3 blocks, all of this stretch will be in the bike lane.
- We should be done with the ride by about 4:00pm.
- Helmets required
- Bike must be in good working condition. Please contact me if you have any questions!
- If you have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, please plan to wear a mask during the ride
- In the event of adverse weather, I will post an update on the day of the ride—at or before noon
- Updates will be shared on the Facebook event page, and also via the Ride Pleasant Streets Google Group
- No message means the ride is still on!
- Community Happens Here asks that if at all possible, we do NOT use their parking lot during our events.
- There is, however, PLENTY of free parking located one block from Community Happens Here at the Pleasant Ridge Community Parking Lot (behind the Walgreens at 6204 Montgomery Road). From your parking location there, simply cross Woodmont Ave and go past the Sunoco gas station—and you will be at Community Happens Here.
Queen City Bike is grateful to Pleasant Streets and Community Happens Here for helping to make this bike event possible.