Come join us on Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:00 PM as we explore the newly opened Beechmont Bridge Connector
This is an incredible new piece of infrastructure that fills a long-standing and critical gap in Cincinnati’s trail network. We now have a safe and comfortable connection from the Ohio River Trail at Lunken Airport to the Little Miami Scenic Trail and beyond!
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE (25 riders max) after reading the event details.
Route preview: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41205170
As an added bonus of Queen City Bike’s sponsorship of this event, you can navigate this route for free on the Ride with GPS app at any time—both during the event and after!
Departure Time: 3:00pm
- Please plan to arrive early so we can all leave in a punctual fashion
- We will meet in front of Community Happens Here.
- Ride leaders will be there by 2:45pm to answer any questions!
Distance: 24.3 miles
- Advanced Beginner to Intermediate+
- All riders should be comfortable with basic bike-handling and traffic skills
- We will regroup as needed throughout the ride
The route is a mix of flat and rolling, with two notable climbs.
- The two hardest climbs will on Delta Ave. (max 4.1% grade) as we travel through Mt. Lookout; and the return journey up Lester Avenue (max ~4.5-5% grade) on our way back to Pleasant Ridge.
- This route includes a long, steady roll down Camargo Rd (neg ~2% grade) as we head toward Madisonville.
- >90% of this ride will be on low-traffic streets
- The busiest area will be on Euclid as we head toward Madeira. This is an unfortunate example of a pinch point where there is no alternative route across I-71. We will take the lane and stay alert.
- The second busiest area will be rolling down Wooster Pike toward the Little Miami Trailhead. We will take the lane, stay alert, and maintain good speed due to the downhill gradient. The latter, flat portion of Wooster Pike includes a bike lane.
- Fraser and I will bring a variety of beverages and snacks, and we will gather around the shady picnic table at the back of the parking lot at Community Happens Here.
- Additional family members/friends are welcome to swing by après-bike.
- We should be done with the ride by about 6:00pm.
- Helmets required
- Bike must be in good working condition. Please contact me if you have any questions!
- If you have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, please plan to wear a mask during the ride
- In the event of adverse weather, I will post an update on the day of the ride—at or before noon
- Updates will be shared on the Facebook event page, and also via the Ride Pleasant Streets Google Group
- No message means the ride is still on!
- Community Happens Here asks that if at all possible, we do NOT use their parking lot during our events.
- The good news is there is PLENTY of free parking located one block from Community Happens Here at the Pleasant Ridge Community Parking Lot (located behind the Walgreens at 6204 Montgomery Road). From your parking location there, simply cross Woodmont Ave, go past the Sunoco gas station, and you will arrive at the front of Community Happens Here.
Queen City Bike is grateful to Pleasant Streets and Community Happens Here for helping to make this bike event possible.