Join us on Sunday, Dec. 18 @ 2:00 PM as we pedal to Madisonville and Mariemont to enjoy the holiday decorations and beautiful ambience of these neighborhoods as they dress up for the season.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE (25 riders max) after reading the event details.
Route preview: RPS_026 - Sun Long - Holiday Merriment in Madisonville & Mariemont
As an added bonus of Queen City Bike’s sponsorship of this event, you can navigate this route for free on the Ride with GPS app at any time—both during the event and after!
Departure Time: 2:00pm
- Please plan to arrive early so we can all leave in a punctual fashion
- We will meet in front of Community Happens Here.
- Ride leaders will be there by 1:45pm to answer any questions!
Distance: 18.5 miles
- Mid-level Beginners and above
- All riders should be comfortable with basic bike-handling and traffic skills
- We will regroup as needed throughout the ride
The route is primarily flat to rolling, with two notable climbs and one long descent.
- The two hardest climbs will be:
i) The fun serpentine where the Wasson Way trailhead winds west into Ault Park (max 3.7% grade); and
ii) The return journey up Lester Avenue (max ~4.5-5% grade) on our way back to Pleasant Ridge.
- Descents: On our way out, we will have a long, relatively gentle descent down Stewart Road. This is a manageable grade (4-5%) and a fun downhill for building your confidence!
- ~95% of this ride will be on low-traffic streets and multi-use paths!
- The busiest area will be riding through the center of Pleasant Ridge (on Montgomery) as we finish the ride. The multiple traffic lights, the lower traffic volume on Sunday afternoons, and our presence as a group will all help to reduce the stress in this section.
- The lower section of Stewart Road (south of the Mini dealership) has a one long curve where drivers sometimes get impatient. Good alertness and group communication will counteract this.
- We will be there to share traffic tips and help you feel comfortable
- Given the turn to cold weather, our outdoor post-ride gatherings will be on hold for a while.
- Let’s talk amongst ourselves during the ride, however, and see if there is interest in warming up afterward at a local eatery!
- Whatever the spontaneous plan, please know that additional family members/friends are always welcome to join in for the après-bike relaxation!
- We should be done with the ride by about 4:30pm.
- Helmets required
- Bike must be in good working condition. Please contact me if you have any questions!
- If you have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, please plan to wear a mask during the ride
- In the event of adverse weather, I will post an update on the day of the ride—at or before noon
- Updates will be shared on the Facebook event page, and also via the Ride Pleasant Streets Google Group
- No message means the ride is still on!
- Community Happens Here asks that if at all possible, we do NOT use their parking lot during our events.
- There is, however, PLENTY of free parking located one block from Community Happens Here at the Pleasant Ridge Community Parking Lot (behind the Walgreens at 6204 Montgomery Road). From your parking location there, simply cross Woodmont Ave and go past the Sunoco gas station—and you will be at Community Happens Here.
Queen City Bike is grateful to Pleasant Streets and Community Happens Here for helping to make this bike event possible.