Join us on Saturday, Jan. 7 @ 2:00 PM for a pedal along the multi-use paths and beautiful environment of the Xavier campus!
This route also features two of the best connector routes for bikes between Pleasant Ridge and Norwood, as well as an introduction to a portion of the incredible Wasson Way.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE (25 riders max) after reading the event details.
Route preview: RPS_027 - Sat Short - Xavier Explorations
As an added bonus of Queen City Bike’s sponsorship of this event, you can navigate this route for free on the Ride with GPS app at any time—both during the event and after!
Departure Time: 2:00pm
- Please plan to arrive early so we can all leave in a punctual fashion
- We will meet in front of Community Happens Here
- Ride leaders will be there by 1:45pm to answer any questions
Distance: 10.5 miles
- Mid-level Beginners and above
- All riders should be comfortable with basic bike-handling and traffic skills
- Route is not suitable for young children, but may be a good match for proficient teenagers (per discretion of parents)
- Predominantly flat to rolling
- The two hardest climbs will be a short segment up Cathedral Ave. (~0.2 mi; max 4% grade) near Mount St. Mary Seminary; and the return journey up Montgomery Road as we head back to Pleasant Ridge (~0.6 mi; max ~4.5-5% grade).
- This route includes a roll down Lester Road (neg 4-5% grade). This is a moderate descent that is great for building your confidence!
- ~90% of this ride will be on low-traffic streets
- The busiest area will be riding through the center of Pleasant Ridge (on Montgomery). The multiple traffic lights, the lower traffic volume on Saturday afternoons, and our presence as a group will all help to reduce the stress in this section.
- The second busiest area will be the climb up Montgomery on our way back to Pleasant Ridge. The majority of this section includes a bike lane.
- We will be there to share traffic tips and help you feel comfortable
- As with other recent rides, our outdoor post-ride gatherings are on hold during the cold weather.
- Let’s talk amongst ourselves during the ride (or on the Facebook page), and see if there is interest in warming up afterward at a local eatery.
- Whatever the spontaneous plan, please know that additional family members/friends are always welcome to join in for the après-bike relaxation!
- We should be done with the ride by about 4:00pm.
- Helmets required
- Bike must be in good working condition. Please contact me if you have any questions!
- If you have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, please plan to wear a mask during the ride
- In the event of adverse weather, I will post an update on the day of the ride—at or before noon
- Updates will be shared on the Facebook event page, and also via the Ride Pleasant Streets Google Group
- No message means the ride is still on!
- Community Happens Here asks that if at all possible, we do NOT use their parking lot during our events.
- There is, however, PLENTY of free parking located one block from Community Happens Here at the Pleasant Ridge Community Parking Lot (behind the Walgreens at 6204 Montgomery Road). From your parking location there, simply cross Woodmont Ave and go past the Sunoco gas station—and you will be at Community Happens Here.
Queen City Bike is grateful to Pleasant Streets and Community Happens Here for helping to make this bike event possible.