RESCHEDULED - Major snowstorm on our original date. New date is Jan. 29!
Join us on Sunday, Jan. 29 @ 2:00 PM for as we roll on down to the river! This will be a smooth-flowing ride to keep your heart pumping and your feet warm!
Along with a sampling of Cincinnati’s beautiful riverfront parks, this ride also features the new bike lane on Langdon Farm Road; a sensational sweep down East McMillan and Taft; a secret tunnel; and the classic climb up Delta Ave.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER HERE (25 riders max) after reading the event details.
(Note: Queen City Bike is in the process of changing to a new registration system and database. If you experience any aberrations during your registration, please let your ride organizer know so we can fix it!)
Route preview: RPS_028 - Sun Long - Rollin' to the River
As an added bonus of Queen City Bike’s sponsorship of this event, you can navigate this route for free on the Ride with GPS app at any time—both during the event and after!
Departure Time: 2:00pm
- Please plan to arrive early so we can all leave in a punctual fashion
- We will meet in front of Community Happens Here
- Ride leaders will be there by 1:45pm to answer any questions
Distance: 17.7 miles
- Advanced Beginner and above
- All riders should be comfortable with basic bike-handling and traffic skills
- We will regroup as needed throughout the ride
This route is mostly rolling, but does include a steep and twisty descent down Collins.
The two hardest climbs will be:
- Delta Ave. (max 4.1% grade) as we travel through Mt. Lookout
- Lester Avenue (max ~4.5-5% grade) on our way back to Pleasant Ridge
This route includes a long, glorious sweep down:
- East McMillan and Taft (both neg 6-7% grade) and...
- Collins (neg 8-10% grade).
These steeper sections can be exhilarating and memorable, but if you are uncomfortable on descents, this event may not be the right match for you.
~80% of this ride will be on low-traffic streets
- As usual, the busiest area will be riding through the center of Pleasant Ridge (on Montgomery) as we start and finish the ride. The multiple traffic lights, the lower traffic volume on Sunday afternoons, and our presence as a group will all help to reduce the stress in this section.
- The second busiest traffic area will be the climb up Delta. The bike lane and frequent presence of cyclists on this street keep the traffic stress at a moderate level.
- We will be there to share traffic tips and help you feel comfortable
We should be done with the ride by about 4:30pm.
- Helmets required
- Bike must be in good working condition. Please contact me if you have any questions!
- If you have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, please plan to wear a mask during the ride
- In the event of adverse weather, I will post an update on the day of the ride—at or before noon
- Updates will be shared on the Facebook event page, and also via the Ride Pleasant Streets Google Group
- No message means the ride is still on!
- Community Happens Here asks that if at all possible, we do NOT use their parking lot during our events.
- There is, however, PLENTY of free parking located one block from Community Happens Here at the Pleasant Ridge Community Parking Lot (behind the Walgreens at 6204 Montgomery Road). From your parking location there, simply cross Woodmont Ave and go past the Sunoco gas station—and you will be at Community Happens Here.
Queen City Bike is grateful to Pleasant Streets and Community Happens Here for helping to make this bike event possible.